Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nemibakhsham - Will not forgive

Farsi Poem, Will never forgive you by Babak Eshaghy. Watch it on Youtube. Of course the translation is not exact and does not rhyme but at least you’ll understand what it says:


This bloody sword, the cloak, the disgraceful beard, the evil force, Know this, I will never forgive


This torture of life, the rope that hangs people, the deathly silence of jail, know this, I will never forgive


All those leaders, activists & generals you have killed, know this, I will never forgive


Bloody body of Farokhzad (Iranian artist & activist) crying from under the blood&dirt, listen you butcher, Know this, I will never forgive


Swear on Sirjani’s (writer who criticized the regime) blood who was tied in jail, you murderer, know this, I will never forgive


I will not forgive the tortures, the horrifying dark nights, the blades that cut the tongue, know this I will never forgive


Batons, stones and flogs, ill-tempered Basijis, forcing women to cover up, know this, I will never forgive


It is no world when the world rests in darkness, sitting cold and asleep, know this, I will never forgive


Even when Iran is freed, you soulless sheikh, no matter where you hide, know this, I will never forgive, know this, I’ll never forgive

No comments:

Post a Comment